Friday 30 June 2017

Square Block Monster Birthday card (Lawn Fawn stamps)

Hi Crafty Friends,

This card was a bit of fun to make and the small squares are a lot easier than it looks. I made the square background by gluing 1cm strips of bright cardstock onto white card. Once the whole white square card had lines of colours I cut off any overhanging strips. Then I cut the horizontal stripes vertically in 1cm strips so I had lots of lines of squares. Then I added them to another piece of card randomly trying to make sure no two square colours were next to each other. I wonder if any of you followed that lol? I know I didn't get it when I saw it in a magazine, I had to see a couple of photos along the way to figure it out. If you do want to try it and didn't follow the instructions, let me know and I'll do it again with a photo tutorial along with it :)



I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Artistic Inspirations - anything goes with optional twist: make it funny
Aud Sentiments - for a child plus a sentiment
Cute Card Thursday - anything goes
Cutie Pie - all creatures great and small
Love to Scrap - boyz rule
Ribbon Girl - any image
Send a smile 4 kids - for the boys
Simon Says Stamp (Wed) - anything goes
Stempelsonne (Stamp Sun) - anything goes
SugarPea Designs - mix it up - photo - inspired by the colour red

Have a great day,

XOX Lucy

9 comments:

  1. Who can resist these little cuties ! such a fun card, love the colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what an amazing card Lucy!! Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    https://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ganz fabelhaft! Danke für deine Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonne.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and fun card.
    Thank you for joining us at the Stempelsonne.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eine tolle Karte.
    Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonne.
    Liebe Grüße, Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool card thanks for sharing it with us at Artistic Inspirations, Louise DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is wonderful
    Thanks for joining us at Stempelsonne
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe this is so colourful and fun, thank you for sharing with the Cutie Pies! Shona xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message, I love the feedback and it's very sweet of you to take the time out of your day to contact me. XOX Lucy